Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is it okay to be pissed instead?

I'm supposed to be sad. I'm supposed to be remorseful. I'm supposed to be full of regrets.

I might be those things, but I'm just too pissed to feel any of that.

What... the... fuck?

Suffice it to say, some stuff happened between my last post that no one read and this current post that no one will read. But the gist of it is that there are things I'm just not allowed to say. The problem is, I really need to say them.

Unknown blog to the rescue! Here goes:

1) People who are betrayed get off way too easy. Yes, I get it, someone hurt you. But does that really give you carte blanche to do THE WORST THING EVER to that person? As in, install spyware on that person's computer and SHOW THAT PERSON'S SECRET THOUGHTS TO YOUR PARENTS!? I mean, really. Some things are sacred for even liars and cheats, and it doesn't do anyone any good to read the things I say when I'm upset (as in all of this).

...unless it makes you feel better to think of that person as terrible and horrible. In which case, you're a bad person too. (We all are, let's be real.)

2) I don't need to know that your friends thought I was a bitch and that it was a mistake to marry me. The friend who started the whole stop-the-wedding campaign is also the friend who made a huge deal of having to walk down the aisle with another girl and wanted me to buy her dress. She's also the friend who SCREWED MY BROTHER while still dating a live-in underwear model. Your friend sucks. You don't see me campaigning that you shouldn't be crashing on her couch.

3) Your mom? Also sucks.

4) There's another party involved in this whole debacle, of course. Also getting off way too easy. You went after a married woman. It takes two to tango, and you were the one to ask for the dance. I know I said a bunch of shit about you being good for me because you keep me in check. Who keeps you in check? Who tells you that it's not fair that I went over to your house to make you feel better for your unrequited love and you don't do the same to comfort me for this hellhole you helped to dig? How is it okay for you to compartmentalize and act like this never happened and I don't exist when I have no choice but to deal with it at every turn? Fuck your silence and fuck you too.

5) I said I didn't want to talk about it. Would people PLEASE stop trying to get me to talk about it? If you want me to talk, this is what I'll say (see above). Do you really think it's wise for me to go alienating all my family and friends with my toxic vitriol? I already talk to my pets more than would be psychologically advisable. Do you really want what's best for me or do you just want some idle gossip? Fuck that.

Which brings me to...

6) THIS ISN'T THE FUCK ABOUT  YOU. No, my divorce is not the same as yours and it certainly isn't the same as that breakup you had. I'm not saying it's worse; it just doesn't help me to hear about your shit. That's just more shit for me to deal with. Not fucking helpful.

Also, be advised that I have no desire to rehash the last moments of my failed marriage with you right now. I know you're curious, but you're just going to have to go to Perez Hilton for that urge. Furthermore, no you didn't think something was wrong back in the day, and if you did, I don't need to hear about it. It's not helpful and IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

...Phew. That's better. Lord knows I could go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment